Leverage Information Systems is a leading provider of IP Networking software and hardware to commercial, educational, and government customers. We have a history of strong growth and profitability since our inception. Today, our team manages a diverse and rapidly-growing business that is widely considered a leader and innovator in its industry.
Summary: Coordinates activities of personnel engaged in purchasing and distributing materials, equipment, and supplies in an organization by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare, gather and sort documents for entry to the database
- Check source documents for accuracy
- Verify data and correct data where necessary
- Obtain further information from co-workers and vendors
- Update data and delete unnecessary files
- Combine and rearrange data from source documents where required
- Enter data from source documents into database
- Transcribe information into required electronic format
- Scan documents into document management systems or database
- Check completed work for accuracy
- Respond to requests for information and access relevant files
- Print information when required
- Process RMAs (for DOA product or Customer / Client Error) as turned in with the sales team
- Request RMA from Vendor, enter into the system, follow up with customer / vendor for return credits / tracking information
- Receive and review purchase orders placed and verify accuracy with the vendor
- Communicate with suppliers for delivery issues and expedite when necessary
- Work with lead estimators to expedite items, as needed
- Receive invoice and attach PO and shipping documentation
- Pull online statements and maintain supporting documentation, such as order confirmations, invoices and receiving documents and updates all pertinent information in the database.
- Alerts lead estimators of estimated shipping dates and communicates if there is going to be an issue to meet a required delivery date
- Investigates other possible vendors if delivery dates are too far out to meet client needs
- Performs other position duties as assigned
- Orders Cisco Smartnet once Cisco Hardware has shipped, prints purchase order for receiving to bill against
- Maintaining the purchasing policy and ensuring that all purchases adhere to it. This includes but is not limited to: purchasing from safe and approved vendors, researching vendor policies for vendors that have never been ordered from before, requesting that accounting get established terms.
- Liaison with other departments, particularly the accounting, sales and operations departments regarding inventory management when orders are placed.
- Budgeting, costing and cost saving after reviewing the order package.
- Send purchase orders to suppliers and verify that they have been received within the approved time frame.
- Interact with the suppliers on a day to day basis.
- Review deliveries against the orders for product being delivered to HQ.
- Ensure that any invoices are sent to accounting for payment that are emailed to purchasing.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education/Experience: High School diploma or GED and one to two years’ office experience preferred.
Certificates and Licenses: No licenses or certifications required.
Computer Skills: Proficiency with computer usage especially Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, Power point and Outlook; accurate typing, 10-key and data entry skills.
Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as procedure manuals, work instructions, software manuals; write simple and routine business reports; verbally communicate effectively in a professional manner.
Math Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Physical Demands and Work Environment: The physical demands and work environment described below represent the activities and surroundings of the positions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms to type on keyboard. The employee is regularly required to talk or hear on the telephone and in person with individuals and groups. The employee is rarely required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must rarely lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus to produce or review reports.
The work is typically performed in an office environment, with a moderate noise level.
We offer a challenging and dynamic work environment with world-class people, room for growth, competitive compensation and benefits, and a casual work environment. If you are interested in joining our team, please email us today at email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Vets