Our team in Woodinville is looking for an experienced Senior Staff Accountant to join our growing team! Today, our team manages a diverse and rapidly-growing business that is widely considered a leader and innovator in its industry.
The Senior Staff Accountant will be responsible for processing payroll and tax returns, providing support with account reconciliations and ledgers, and handling business license and permit management while working closely with our Controller on key projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Collect and enter time into QuickBooks payroll.
• Process payroll related payments – Garnishments, 401k deductions, child support, and others as appropriate.
• Maintain and monitor schedule of due dates for returns, ensuring that tax returns and payments are filed on time.
• Monitor and maintain the sales tax codes in accounting system.
• Maintain and monitor schedule of Company business licenses and permits and file renewals in a timely manner.
• Coordinate with broker to enroll new employees in medical / dental insurance programs.
• Prepare monthly journal entry to record net premium expense for the Company after payroll deductions.
• Coordinate 401K reporting and processing.
• Arrange and upload prevailing wage reports at least once each month and maintain a list of active prevailing wage jobs with current reporting requirements.
• File property tax returns as required in jurisdictions where the Company has offices.
• Organize and file income tax returns for states as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting, required.
• 3+ years of experience in an Accounting role.
• Experience with multiple state payroll and sales tax returns preferred.
• Familiarity with QuickBooks, strongly preferred.
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including advanced Excel skills.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
• Desire to grow within the Company and a willingness to learn.
We offer a challenging and dynamic work environment with world-class people, room for growth, competitive compensation and benefits, and a casual work environment. If you are interested in joining our team, please apply today at https://careers-hrpmsi.icims.com/jobs/3305/senior-staff-accountant/job .
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Vets