Leverage Information Systems is a leading provider of IP Networking software and hardware to commercial, educational, and government customers. We have a history of strong growth and profitability since our inception. Today, our team manages a diverse and rapidly-growing business that is widely considered a leader and innovator in its industry.
We are looking to hire a Lead Structured Cabling Technician (Journeyman 06) who will be responsible for installing and servicing voice and data cabling systems in the Puget Sound area. The job sites are mainly in the Seattle/Tacoma area but the position will occasionally have remote assignments.
• Terminate cables on cross connects, hubs, and routers
• Use cable testing equipment to troubleshoot problems
• Monitor cable system performance
• Provide new users with cable and modular connections, and relocates cable connections for existing users
• Read technical manuals and brochures to determine equipment that meets establishment requirements
• Visit vendors to learn about available products, enhancements, or services
• Test and evaluate hardware and software to determine efficiency, reliability, and compatibility with existing systems
• Oversee or assist in installation of communications hardware
• Perform preventative maintenance and minor equipment repairs
Shift: This is a full-time position. The schedule is Monday-Friday, 7:00 am-4:00 pm with occasional after hours or weekend work.
• GED/High School Diploma
• Valid Washington State Driver’s License and current Journeyman Electrical 06 license
• 2+ years of experience as a Telecommunications Technician
• Experience installing structured cabling
• Experience with telecommunications cabling copper (CAT 5e, 6, and 6A), fiber optics installation, and termination
• Leviton or Legrand Certification is preferred
• Must be able to climb and carry ladders up to 28 feet tall and carry heavy equipment such as boxes, spools, and cabling materials
• Pre-employment background check and drug test is required
We offer a challenging and dynamic work environment with world-class people, room for growth, competitive compensation and benefits, and a casual work environment.
If you are interested in joining our team, please email us today at firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Vets